Introduction and aim
ESCT is a sales and service company operating across Europe from its base in Livingston, UK. We supply and support electrostatic chucks. We recognise that our operations result in emissions, and the generation of waste. It is our aim to comply with legislation and other requirements, continue to minimise the environmental impacts of our business and operate in an environmentally responsible manner. This policy describes how we will achieve our aim.
During 2021 and 2022, we aim to
- Reduce wasted shipping miles, offer Ex Works from manufacturing to customer
- Reduce wasted shipping packaging with a single shipment Ex Works to customer = no repackaging
- Reduce wasted time and local delivery miles for all ESC repairs
- Reduce the generation of general and hazardous wastes by reducing the amount of stock held in stores
- Recycle as much paper, cardboard, plastic and metal waste generated as possible
- Reduce paper waste by increasing the use of e-mail and electronic documentation
- Reduce energy consumption by limiting travel, monitoring energy usage and good housekeeping
This environmental policy is available at Livingston office. All members of staff receive training on the environmental responsibilities of their role, and will be informed of any updates or revisions.